ARGENTINA TRIP CALENDAR 2012
In this calendar we indicate you the trips and tips we consider to be the best of 2012.
Altournatives brings you information on the different tourist runways of Argentina and the best time to travel.
Argentina Compact Pack
Designed to travel and discover Argentina in a 16 days. The Argentina Compact Pack suggests:
- Buenos Aires city tours: visiting its major tourist attractions like La Boca, San Telmo, Plaza de Mayo, Puerto Madero, Palermo, Recoleta, Retiro & Belgrano.
- Trip to Iguazu Falls: Visiting the Iguazú falls National Park, with tours to the Argentina and Brazil side.
- Trip to Austral Patagonia to visit El Calafate where The Galciers National Park is found. Tour to Perito Moreno and Upsala glacier. Excursions like the iceberg channel navigation and adventure tourism activities like trekking over the glacier are not to be missed!.
- Trip to Patagonia Atlantic coast to discover the Valdés Penninsula and its fauna. Whale watching tour at Puerto Pirámides or Puerto Madryn.
- Trip to the North West of Argentina to visit the provinces of Salta and Jujuy. Tour to the altitude desert called "Puna" and the subtropical forests of Argentina named "Yungas". Wine route of Salta (Cafayate). Tour to the archeological remains of "Pucara" of Tilcara. Visit to the Humahuaca Gorge and the famous Seven colored mountain of Purmamarca. Trip to Cachi.
Best season: all year round!!
Buenos Aires City Tours
To fully dicover Buenos Aires we suggest you to take private tours and non traditional city tours in Buenos Aires. There are a lot of things to do so we orient your decision based in our expertise on the country. In the following lines you can find some tours that are not to be missed.
- Beer tour in the best microbreweries of Buenos Aires
- Night city tours to discover the amazing night of Buenos Aires
- Dinner Tango shows in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires city photo tours discovering the arquitecture and parks
- Navigation, tours and fishing tours in the Delta of Paraná river. Tours in the north zone of Buenos Aires (Tigre and San Isidro)
- Buenos Aires mysterious tours, discover the hidden code in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires earth, water and air: Helicopter tour + delta island navigation + full city tour (Buenos Aires, Tigre and San isidro)
Buenos Aires 4 elements tour (Delta navigation + estancia day with BBQ + balloon flight over the Pampas + champagne + much more...)
BUENOS AIRES HELICOPTER TOURS
Best season: all year round!!
Getaways trips through Buenos Aires surroundings
Runaways (short trips) to famous Buenos Aires tourism spots .
Tours to the Delta of the Parana river. Country day tour to "las Pampas" to meet the Argentina "Gauchos" in San Antonio de Areco.
Trips to the Atlantic Coast of Argentina (tours to Mar del Plata, Pinamar and Carilo). Tours to the famous Argentina "Estancias" (ranches).
Balloon flights over the Pampas of Buenos Aires in Capilla del Señor. Traditional and adventure tourism in Tandil.
Trips to Colonia (Uruguay). Ideal trips and tours for the weekend.
BALLOON FLIGHTS IN BUENOS AIRES
Best season : all year round!!
Trip to the North West of Argentina
One of the top Argentina destinies for adventure, enological and ethnic tourism. All the magic of Northwest of Argentina.
Travel through the provincies of Tucumán, Salta and Jujuy. Visit forests and deserts. Expedition trip in the Calchaquies valleys to enjoy nature and the Salta wine route. The trip involves the North Route 40 of Argentina from Tafi del Valle to Iruya riding through the Incas roads of Argentina. Tours to the Humahuaca Gorge and Calchaquies valleys visiting towns like: Tafi, Quilmes, Cachi, San Antonio de los Cobres, Cafayate, Salta, Jujuy, Purmamarca, Tilcara and Iruya. Adventure and traditional expeditions. Flora and fauna observation.
Photo Safaris and 4x4 trips and tours in all the NW of Argentina. This trip can be suitable for slow tourism modality.
Best season: all year round
A trip through the giant central Andes of Argentina touring around the provinces of Mendoza San Juan and La Rioja.
Adventure tourism: Speleology and rafting in Mendoza's rivers. 4x4 travel adventures through the Atuel Canyon. Wine tourism: Central wine route of Argentina. Archeological and Paleontological tours, trip to Talampaya Canyon National Park and Ischigualasto Park (Moon Valley).
Slow tourism alternative is available.
Best season: from November to April
Argentina Route 40
7500km through Argentina and its Route 40. from South to North the trip involves:
- Austral Patagonia: Provinces of Santa Cruz and Chubut.
Trip around the famous Glaciers of Patagonia (Perito Moreno - Upsala).
"El Chalten" the "Mecca" of trekking in Argentina. Tour in the petrified forests of La Leona and excursion to the cave of the hands.
Expedition to "Los Alerces" National Park in Esquel.
- Central Patagonia : Provinces of Rio Negro, Chubut and Neuquen.
Trips and excursions to Bariloche, Villa la Angostura and San Martín de Los Andes. Tours by Nahuel Huapi, Arrayanes and Lanín National Parks.
Thermal baths and spa in Caviahue and Copahue.
- Cuyo: Provincies of Mendoza, San Juan and La Rioja.
Trip on the Argentine wine route. Excursion to Atuel canyon. Tour to Moon Valley and Talampaya canyon (archeological and palontological sites)
- North West of Argentina: Provinces of Tucumán, Salta and Jujuy.
Travel through the Calchaquies valleys!!! Visit the different towns along this area like Tafi del Valle and its Menhir park, the Quilmes ruins, Cafayate and its wineries, Cachi and its colonial charm and San Antonio de los Cobres with its famous train to the clouds.
Trip around the Humahuaca gorge with programed tours around Purmamarca, Tilcara, Humahuaca and Iruya amongst others.
Best season: from 15 November to 15 April.
Trip to the Mesopotamia of Argentina (Iguazú falls)
A trip to discover the Paraná and Uruguay rivers!. You´ll visit places like: "El Palmar de Colón" National Park, Concordia and Federación thermal baths. Ibera marshlands (one of the biggest natural fresh water reserves of Argentina), flora and fauna observation, kayaking, photo safaris and more activities related to adventure tourism.Visit to the jesuit missions of San Ignacio in Misiones. Mocona Falls with jungle trekking.
Final destiny ... The Iguazu Falls... which we'll visit from the border of Argentina and Brazil (Foz de Iguazu).
A trip full of adventure and nature in the Northeast of Argentina. Trip suitable for slow tourism modality.
Best season: All year round
Austral (south glaciers) Patagonia
The trip starts in Ushuaia the "World's end City", there you'll tour around the National Park "Tierra del Fuego" enjoying a ride in the Austral railway train.
The navigation of the Beagle Channel to reach the lighthouse, penguins and seal colonies is not to be missed. A flight will take you to Calafate to visit "Los Glaciares" National Park so as to visit the Perito Moreno Glacier where you can do some adventure tourism activities, such as trekking over the glacier. The iceberg channel navigation of the Upsala, Onetto and Spegazzini glaciers is also scheduled in this trip.
Other spots include the petrified forest of La Leona and El Chalten.
Slow tourism alternative available for this trip.
Best season: all year round
Central Patagonia - Atlantic Coast and Andes lake distric -
An incredible trip that starts in Puerto Madryn so as to visit the Valdes Penninsula. There you can observe Orcas developing their hunting strategies against the sea lions colonies of the shore (Punta Norte y Caleta Valdés), You can also navigate the Gulf so as to meet the Southern Right Whale in a full adventure tour. Fauna sighting and photo safaris are scheduled for you. The expedition continues across the Patagonia plateau to the Andes where you´ll tour around the "Alerces" "Nahuel Huapi" "Arrayanes" and "Lanin" National parks and visit its neighbouring cities and towns like Esquel, Bariloche, Villa La Angostura and San Martín de Los Andes so as to enjoy the landscapes that the Patagonia of Argentina has prepare for us.
Slow tourism alternative is availabe for this trip
Best season: 15 October to 1 May.
CHECK OUR TIPS TO THE FOLLOWING DESTINIES OF ARGENTINA
PATAGONIA GLACIERS IN USHUAIA AND CALAFATE
PENINSULA De VALDES - PATAGONIA ATLANTIC COAST
- BARILOCHE - LAKE DISTRICT OF PATAGONIA
- MENDOZA - WINE ROUTE OF ARGENTINA
NORTH WEST of ARGENTINA - SALTA and JUJUY
This 2012 Calendar of tourism in Argentina was designed by Altournatives - Travel guide for incoming tourism of Argentina